5 Luxury Adventures To Find The Heart of Florence
I paused when I scanned through my Twitter feed recently. One of my favorite food writers and the original domestic goddess, Nigella Lawson, was tweeting about her trip to Italy. “Think must have died and gone to Heaven. Either that or am at @villasanmichele [Villa San Michele].”
Read more here
View from Villa San MicheleWhat's your favorite?
1. The Most Fabulous Cooking School overlooking Florence at Villa San Michele
2. Meeting and Going Behind-The-Scenes with leather artisans, shoemakers, picture frame shops and silk weaving studios using the same looms from the 17th and 18th centuries
3. Learning what a fresco actually means and trying it yourself with an artist
4. Going truffle hunting with an expert and his truffle hunting dog!
5. Going to the Carrara Marble Quarries and seeing the cave where Michelangelo found the block of marble for David