I recently returned from a whirlwind trip to the Swiss Alps, including the village of Arosa, which I hadn't heard of before this trip. In Arosa, we stayed at the Tschuggen Grand Hotel, one of those hotels that I really hated to leave. I woke up early on the day we left, just so I could have more time on my balcony, to sink into the cashmere-covered chairs in the lobby, and to linger over the breakfast buffet. Let's meet there next time...I already miss it!
1. My room view
2. These Hermès chairs that could double as pieces of art in the lobby.
3. My hand-painted blue door. Each floor had a different color scheme, with hand-painted hallways and doors. So beautiful!
4. This pasta at La Collina (one of five restaurants) for lunch - Tagliatelle with lime sauce, fried shrimps and young spinach
5. Sledging down the mountain!! The hotel has a private railway, the Tschuggen Express, which zips you up the mountain in less than three minutes. So awesome.
6. BOWLING ALLEY! You can't come to Switzerland without indulging in fondue at least once. On the bottom floor of the hotel is Bündnerstube. And after inhaling way too many chunks of bread dipped in cheese, you can shuffle over to the mini bowling alley (it's IN the restaurant!).
7. The spectacular spa designed by Mario Botta!