I could live in London. I'm sorry New York. I'm having an affair. I am ridiculously in love with London and always have been. So I don't ever want to waste a single second. I arrived at 6:30 a.m. yesterday, zipped through customs with my carry-on, and got to the Royal Garden Hotel a stone's throw from Kensington Palace. My room was ready (unheard of!) so I dumped my stuff and was thrilled to see a view of the palace and front-row seats to the helicopters landing and taking off. This is where the Royal Baby will come home to after Kate spends time with her family in Bucklebury.
I wanted to see some areas I hadn't seen before, but also wanted to catch the Coronation! exhibit at Westminster Abbey. Here's my day broken down:
- Scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, and great people watching at the grand Delaunay
- Westminster Abbey was a madhouse but I did see the small exhibit of Coronation photos
- Tube to North London, where I wandered the quieter areas of Hampstead, Belsize Park, and Primrose Hill for an amazing view of London
- Popped over to the crazy Camden Market & somehow skipped getting a tattoo or piercing. Saw the original British Boot Company, where Doc Martens came from
- Walk over to St. John's Wood. Wandered in Panzer's Delicatessen and shopped the sale at Whistles on the high street.
- Are you tired yet? Somehow, I wasn't...yet. I went to Notting Hill and grabbed a couple of spicy, delicious tacos at Taqueria & looked over the (mostly) junk on Portobello Road.
- Shower. Decide I want to do the hour walk to welcome dinner at The Goring Hotel and wander my favorite areas of South Kensington and Chelsea. Stopped for a juice at Zefi on Walton Street and drooled over baby room artwork at Dragons of Walton Street (Royal Baby nursery designers).
My travel days are normally not THIS packed but sometimes I want to do a giant, quick overview of certain areas. And I fell even more in love. Luckily I have much more time here this week and can take it slower. Follow along on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, where I try and post different things to all accounts. Have a lovely weekend everyone!