Christmas season has arrived in New York and here are a few things I've loved this past week:
- A long walk in Brooklyn and the best chicken parm at Zito's in Park Slope
- Cappuccinos at Cafe Pedlar on Court Street in Brooklyn
- My entire block in the Village being decked out in garlands & red bows
- A dinner party with great friends
- Stopping at the New York Public Library to see the gorgeous tree, Lego lions in the lobby, and browsing at their wonderful gift shop. You can find a gift for ANYONE in this shop.
- Eggs & pancakes at Bubby's in TriBeCa
- Finally seeing the World Trade Center Memorial and finding Doug Gardner's name (the book, Where You Left Me, by his wife is heartbreaking but ultimately inspiring & a great read)
- Buying parmigiano-reggiano at Di Palo's in Little Italy
- A rainy day walk through Washington Square and shopping at Giggle for baby gifts in SoHo
- A wonderful baby shower in TriBeCa celebrating my friend and her upcoming arrival
Oh and of course....my new Urban Insider blog on National Geographic!