Trista Sutter is arguably the most beloved and well-known from of all the Bachelor/Bachelorette seasons, as she found her husband, Ryan Sutter, stayed together and got married in front of 26 million TV viewers after the final rose. She's now settled in Vail, Colorado and a Twitter Queen these days, interacting with fans as if they’re her friends, offering candid advice, recipes, and a peek at special family moments. Designing a line of children’s clothing for My Vintage Baby is also keeping her busy, as she raises Max, 3, and Blakesley, 1 ½, with Ryan.
I recently chatted with Trista about her favorite hotels and experiences around the world.
What are your favorite hotels around the world and why?
Wow! This is a hard question, as I’ve seen quite a few of them, but I love these five:
- Ulusaba in South Africa—It is owned by Sir Richard Branson, and although we were only there for less than a week, it is truly one of my all-time favorite spots in the world.
- Turtle Island in Fiji—You are welcomed by almost the entire island with leis’ and song. The moment you step foot on the white sand beach from your seaplane, you are pampered and given as much privacy or social bonding as you want.
- The Four Seasons ANYWHERE! As a parent, I’ve asked for plenty of cribs and not only do they give you a crib that is a REAL crib, the service is remarkable, the rooms are chic but comfortable and there is always great water pressure. Nothing to complain about!
- The Beaver Creek Lodge in Beaver Creek, Colorado—We love it so much that we own a condo there!
- The Oceana in Santa Monica, CA—We love a nice boutique hotel and this is more than nice!
What drives you nuts about hotels?
No room service, no free WiFi, televisions that don’t work or don’t have a clear picture, and I HATE low water pressure!
What’s your favorite hotel for a romantic getaway?
We’ve been trying to “get away” to The Arrabelle in Vail. It is new and beautiful and right in our neck of the woods, but we can’t seem to even get one night! Soon
What’s your favorite hotel for a family getaway?
We had a great time with the kids at The Terranea resort [in Ranchos Palos Verdes, CA]! We were able to get rooms that connected by a hallway that you needed a key to enter and had Max in one room with Blakesley in a crib in the suite of our living room. They LOVED the paths around the property, the pool, and the proximity to the beach. If they were older, I would say the Grand Wailea in Hawaii. There is so much to do and it’s gorgeous!
Are there 1 or 2 hotels around the world that you are dying to stay at?
I travel to New York a lot and would love to see how life is at the Peninsula New York. Then, I’d like to go anywhere in Australia! I’m dying to go!
What has been your favorite hotel spa and favorite restaurant in a hotel?
My favorite hotel spa is the one I visit almost every year on my birthday, The Allegria spa at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek. My favorite restaurant in a hotel would have to be local, as well. I love the great food at Avondale in The Westin in Avon, Colorado.